By getting your HVAC system serviced annually by a professional, you’ll ensure that the air your family breathes is healthy. You’ll also guarantee that your system is getting rid of excessively hot or cold air as efficiently as possible – potentially saving you money on power bills in the long run. Did you know, for example, that an average of 30% of the air in duct systems is lost due to leaks or shoddy connections?
The best time to arrange for a checkup are just before New Zealand’s hot and humid summer, and just before its damp and often freezing winter. These are the seasons when you’ll be relying most on your heat pump or HVAC. You should look for a specialist with the necessary training, tools, and experience to keep your system in tip-top shape.
The team at Endeavour can handle everything from routine heat pump inspection to diagnostics and complex maintenance, for both residential and commercial properties. As part of our service, we’ll also advise you on how to care for your HVAC system. Ultimately, this will leave you with a more comfortable and more energy-efficient home and office.
If you ask for our full service, we’ll perform the following:
- Clean your entire system, including all unit filters, vents, grills, and outer covers (indoor and outdoor)
- Clean and disinfect both the evaporator and condenser coils (indoor and outdoor)
- Clean fan blades and scrolls
- Check for rodent or bug infestations and eradicate if necessary
- Test and clean drain pipe or condensate pump
- Test system in all modes and advise you if anything is wrong (e.g. unusual sounds or vibrations)
- Test air temperature output for accuracy
- Test for gas leaks around flare fittings and advise you if more refrigerant is needed
- Replace remote batteries.
With this full service, you can rest assured that the efficiency, function, and mechanical parts of your system are in excellent working order. Furthermore, you can be happy in the knowledge the lifespan of your heat pump or HVAC system has been extended by years compared to those which don’t get regularly serviced.
Once we’ve finished our maintenance, we’ll advise you on the best ways to care for your system in between professional maintenance, such as how to regularly clean your filters.
An annual service is usually enough for a residential heat pump. But if you notice any strange smells or noises, or your power bill seems to be higher than usual, this could suggest that there’s a problem that needs to be addressed.
Whether you need a regular HVAC service or want to need a specific problem to be diagnosed, our dedicated team is just a phone call away.
Contact us today to arrange your free assessment and quote. We’re always happy to come to you.
Copyright © 2020 Endeavour Property Services